T1 Engle 110 Camshaft (0.392″ Lift / 247 Adv Dur)
High Performance Aircooled VW T1 Camshafts for 3-Bolt (Early) Cam Gears)
Engle Camshafts have these great features:
- Race Proven Camshaft Profiles Designed For All Types Of Engine Applications
- All specifications are at the valve using a .050″ checking clearance
- Consistent lobe hardness all the way to the core center (Chilled Cast)
- Tough enough to stand up to high valve spring pressures
- Larger lobe heel for smoother rotation and strength
- Reinforced and clearanced were it counts
- All cams are stroke relieved or clearenced for longer stroke camshafts
Engle 110 camshaft is designed for 1.1 or 1.25 rockers, and it’s specs are .392″ Cam Lift, .430″ Valve Lift (1.1 Rockers), 284 degrees of advertised duration, and 247 degrees of duration at .050″, on a 108 Lobe Center.
This is the most popular and best known all rounder upgardes for aircooled VW’s. You can not use this with a stock carburetor, you really need at least dual singles, either P-40 or 34ICT will work fine.
Power band 1500-5800 RPM, the more headwork and carburetion the better the low end will be.
You can get by with HD Single Valve springs and Bolt On Rocker Shafts. Use a compression ratio of 8-8.5:1.
If you choose to use this cam with 1.25 rockers, you will extend the top end to 6000, requires dual valve springs.
Lift @ Cam Lobe: 0.430″
Adv Duration: 247
Dur @ 0.050″: 108